Get Very Specific About the Danger
It is very common for parents to tell their children that they must not use any drugs. They may mention alcohol, marijuana or pills. It is essential to be very specific about the dangers associated with use of these club drugs and similar drugs. In addition to telling them not to abuse these substances, tell them these reasons why not:
- The actual contents of any of these pills or packages is completely unpredictable. The dosages are completely uncontrolled. Even if someone previously used a drug that was labeled just the same and everything went okay, this package could contain different chemicals or could be much stronger.
- For many of these chemicals, the difference between a recreational dose and a fatal dose is very tiny, meaning that if they get just a tiny bit too much, they could overdose fatally.
- As seen in the examples above, the reactions of people when they use these drugs can be violent and harmful.
- Because the formulas continually change, the drug they are about to consume could be completely new. It’s possible no one even knows what the result of taking it is. These drugs are completely uncontrolled and untested.
- The people creating, manufacturing, shipping and selling these drugs care nothing about your child’s health, sanity or life. They are only out to make money. It would be terrible to lose everything or harm or even kill someone just because a chemist and a businessman wanted to make millions of dollars.
If your child goes to a club or party, they could be given this drug without their knowing it. You should warn your children about consuming anything at a party or dance club that could be drugged. This is a very important message. A punch bowl is easy to contaminate with one of these dangerous drugs but a water or soda bottle opened by your child and kept in hand until the drink is gone will be safe.
If a young person goes off to dance, he needs to take his drink with him or get a fresh one when he is done. He should never drink from a bottle or glass that has been left unprotected even for a minute.
PREVENZIONE ALLA DROGA E RECUPERO DALLA TOSSICODIPENDENZA